Oh boy, I love me some curried cauliflower “rice”! If you’re looking for a delicious low carb side dish option or grain replacment, cauliflower rice is your best bet. This dish is soooo simple to make and you can also use it as a replacement for rice in a dish like roasted stuffed peppers too…or just eat it all by itself, it’s really that good!
And, when it comes to health benefits, this cruciferous queen reigns supreme! Cauliflower is known to reduce the risk of breast, ovarian and colon cancers, is uber high in Antioxidants (the compounds essential in destroying free radicals that accelerate the signs of aging), and is high in B Vitamins (your natural happy pills). It is also is a fantastic source of dietary fiber, is an anti-inflammatory whole food, and is great for your heart. AND, the white beauty is definitely a weight loss aid because of its low calorie content and versatility.
Plus, it takes about 5 min. to cook as opposed to 45 min. for rice…so my advice: Rock this yummy dish out and watch yourself shed a few too!
Watch this week’s AshleyBTV video here!
Ashley’s Curried Cauliflower Rice
- 1 head organic or local cauliflower finely chopped or grated
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt n peppa to taste
- Rinse off and finely chop or grate cauliflower.
- Heat oil in a medium sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add cauliflower spices and lemon and saute until cooked through. About 5 min.
- Optional: Add fresh herbs to taste if desired.
Much Strong Body Lovin’ to you,